Tuesday, May 24, 2011

2am reflections

It's 2am so this won't be too long. It has been three long months since our city was torn to pieces in the earthquake. Things are getting back to normal, but it's 'a new normal', as people around here like to say. The roads are still incredibly bumpy. The council is doing their best to sort all the problems, but they get the road into a drivable state and move onto more serious work. Rightly so, I guess. The sewer mains over the entire city sustained massive damage, and are being worked through, suburb by suburb. Being so close to the creek, I'd imagine ours is pretty bad. We still go out to the street to use the portaloos. We can do laundry and have showers though, thank goodness.

Another turn of the wheel I marked recently was that I have now been single for a year. It took me a long time to work through the end of that relationship, with far too much retrospection and not enough common sense. Fortunately I have some amazing friends who were willing to lend me an ear and help me put the puzzle pieces together. Even if all the pieces weren't in the box in the first place. Thankyou.

I was inspired to start this blog by a friend who started hers, I realized how much I had missed hearing her thoughts, and I wondered if I needed to start putting mine down somewhere. It's not so bad to get all your thoughts in order occasionally. I will write here instead of livejournal because the lj client is not so great on the Tab, heh.

The Rock Band 3 Fender Squier guitar has been released in New Zealand, so I am breaking into my savings to get one. It's a fully working guitar, but it can also be used to play the songs in Rock Band 3. I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it!

For now,
the sandman calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment